SE NOISE FROM SERPENTINE AREA...

1999 Ford Taurus

s0jrtorr

The sound is like that of a water pump whose bearing has gone bad. I have changed the water pump, idler pulley and the alternator. I used WD-40 to pin point the noise as it stops temporarilly when I spray the water pump pulley. I changed the water pump and it started again within a day. I am in the process of ordering a new belt tensioner, as it is spring loaded and I think it may be overloading the bearings. The sound is just anoying and beyond this next change I do not understand how I could fix this problem without dropping this car in an ARMY field artillery practice range!

godbear839

January, 4, 2006 AT 9:45 AM

It has to be one of the pulleys on the engine I had an Taurus with the same issue and after I replaced all the tensioning pulleys it went away.

bonniesboytoy

Sure sounds like a pulley from the git go. Try a belt lube next time though, WD-40 can play havoc with the belts. Tom.

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement