1998 Ford Taurus car trouble

ERICMINAR
  • 1998 FORD TAURUS
I've had mty car for only one month now. It has been running great up until tonight 3/3/2008. I got into my car to leave and when I tryed to turn it on it turns over, fuel pump works, and the plugs are dirty but still firing. It will start for a moment but if I push on the gas nothing happens it doesnt idle just acts like it wonts to crank. Any imformation you can give will help thanks.
Monday, March 3rd, 2008 AT 8:26 PM

HAIRCUT
I had a problem with a Taurus before I had a man that uses the name "TaurusWheel" help me. Try him he is good and can be found by typing in his user name on the search bar and go find a response he told someone else. Then send him a private message. I took off my throttle plate and cleaned it and it has helped my car more than I can explain. If you want me to, I will talk you through the process. Take off your negative battery cable. Loosen the clamp that holds the air filter cover to the throttle plate, remove the air filter cover; there is 4 10mm bolts on the throttle plate you will need a deep well socket to remove them; carefully remove the 4 bolts careful not to drop them; there is a cable clamp on the bottom right clamp just slid it off; remove the wiring harness on the throttle position sensor; there is a metal backed gasket on back side of the throttle plate watch how it comes off and make sure to replace it the same way it comes off; get some good not cheep throttle plate cleaner(I used 3M brand found at advanced auto parts) about 6 dollars. Using no sharp objects only rags and cleaner wipe and spray the throttle plate and the air system where it attaches. If you use a screwdriver, be very careful not to scratch the surfaces inside the throttle plate. Spray and wipe until clean and this is a good time to change the PVC valve below the throttle plate about 3 dollars at part store.
Replace the parts as you removed them and I hope this helps. If you do it.
Friday, March 7th, 2008 AT 7:05 PM