SHO

1995 Ford Taurus

ltemup

December, 16, 2009 AT 9:38 AM

1995 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 149000 miles

i have a 95 sho when warm and go to give gas it sputters and cuts out check plugs and they had gas on them any ideas?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

racefan966

December, 16, 2009 AT 10:12 AM

OK if you would unplug the mass air flow meter and see if it will run any better or worse. If that don't change anything then ohm the coolant temp sensor and do this cold get back to me with the ohm reading and air temp and I will look it up and see if it is in spec.

ltemup

December, 16, 2009 AT 11:22 AM

Are u saying to replace coolant temp sensor and how can I check ohm and air temp this would cause gas to be on plugs?

ltemup

December, 16, 2009 AT 1:15 PM

I unpluged maf it did change and threw the light changed plugs and still cutting out when appling gas what about an injector?

ltemup

December, 16, 2009 AT 11:44 PM

[quote=" ltemup" ]Engine Performance problem

i have a 95 sho when warm and go to give gas it sputters and cuts out check plugs and they had gas on them any ideas?MAF when unpluged changes idle and changed plugs.

racefan966

December, 18, 2009 AT 9:32 AM

I need you to unplug the coolant temp sensor (key off engine off). Ohm across the terminals. If you do this when the car is cold then get back to me with the air temp and ohms of the sensor. I will look up the specs and see if it is within specs.