BRAKE VIBRATION

1993 Ford Probe

GOTAPROBE

October, 30, 2010 AT 1:39 PM

Brakes problem
1993 Ford Probe 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 130000 miles

I thought the problem was the rotors. The brakes have 50% of their tread life and the rotors are 0.004 thou so I don't believe it is the rotors. I replaced the brakes and rotors about a 2 years ago
There is considereable vibration when I apply the brakes.
There is know other problem exept the engine warning lights is on. It goes of later.

Hope you can help

bluelightnin6

October, 30, 2010 AT 1:57 PM

Hello and thanks for donating

if your rotors are in good shape, suspect the fit of the pins with the calipers. If the pins and calipers have a sloppy fit, the caliper can cant out of true and create pulsation in the braking force. If the calipers are stuck on the pins, the calipers can not slide to adjust for wear differences between the inner and outer sets of pads and the rotors will be pushed out of shape causing problems. Typically, pads on the piston will wear faster than the ones on the caliper when the caliper is stuck on its pins. The piston pads tend to wear a bit more than the caliper pads becasue of friction between the caliper and pins.

Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement