I felt some misfires and jerking about 2 months ago.
1. I replaced wires and plugs. Did not resolve the issue.
2. I purchased and OBD II Reader and detected codes 303, 316, 401.
3. I then did the next less expensive thing and pulled the intake manifold and cleaned injectors,
throttle body, fuel rail, intake, and tested the EGR valve manually by engaging it and feeling for suction.
After replacing all gaskets, the problem still persisted.
4. Next I replaced the EGR Position Sensor $74.00 and the 401 code is now gone.
5. I still received a 303 code (Cylinder 3 misfire)
6. I replaced the wires once again with an upgraded set of wires at $46.00 instead of the $20.00 set.
1. Misfire still persists but no code detection now.
2. Idles fine and smooth.
3. Missing only upon take-off.
4. Once on the open road, no misfire felt, no code given.
Things that I haven't replaced:
1. EGR Valve
2. PCV Valve
3. Fuel Filter
Things I have replaced:
1. Plugs (probably 6K mileage in two months)(Autolite)
2. Plug wires (twice in two months)(Autolite)
3. Injector "O" rings (Purchased from Ford)
4. Throttle body gasket. (Felpro)
5. Intake manifold gaskets (Felpro)
6. EGR valve gasket (Felpro)
7. EGR Position Sensor (Purchased from Ford)
Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
have the same problem?
Friday, April 20th, 2007 AT 7:38 AM