• Calamity
  • Ford Mustang

Well about a month or two ago there were two lights on in my dash area, one was a check engine light and the other was a little rectangle with a fan in it. I brought my 1998 Mustang GT, with about 68,000 miles on it, to a Ford dealership and they installed a new tank assembly to get rid of the little fan light, and they said my check engine light was on because of an "intake air temperature high" or something in the report they gave me.

Ever since I put in a cold air intake that lights been on and they told me I can't pass an inspection without getting rid of it. The intake itself has no more plugs or anything on it so I have no idea how to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006 AT 8:05 AM

• losone

I would replace the air intake temp sensor and insure there are no leaks in the air/filter plenum. The temp sender is located somewhere in that black plastic air plenum.

Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006 AT 2:36 PM