P1000

2006 Ford Freestyle

isaiah oyeniyi

October, 17, 2010 AT 6:31 AM

2006 Ford Freestyle 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic

please how can I solve the trouble code p1000. My car lost acceleration. What can I do to solve this problem

October, 18, 2010 AT 4:29 AM

Usually a trouble code P1000 or manufacturers equivalent. We have listed several reasons for this condition.

Stuck Engine Thermostat - If the engine thermostat has stuck open it forces the engine coolant to stay at too low of a temperature causing the ECM/PCM to stay in open loop. This open loop creates a state of preprogrammed parameters were no diagnostic tests can be preformed. (ECM/PCM is constantly waiting for the engine to heat up to operating temperature for closed loop operation)

Shorted Oxygen Sensor/Coolant Sensor - The ECM/PCM relies on information from sensors to operated, if one of these sensors is severely shorted it can cause the ECM/PCM to stay in open loop, causing a code gathering incomplete trouble code

Shorted Fuel Injector - If a fuel injector short circuits it can cause the engine not to run by shorting the injector driver. If the car doesn't run and a code gathering incomplete trouble code like P1000 is present, it could be a fuel injector shorted. Unplug all injectors and try to rescan system

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right