ZX3

2003 Ford Focus

fuellenbach

March, 22, 2007 AT 5:24 PM

My car is stressing me out. I've got a Ford focus ZX3 2003 with 80,000 miles which makes it right past the insurance coverage. The car as of late has been stuttering as it comes to a stop. Also! When driving from low to high speeds the car lags when shifting and has even stopped accelerating while on the freeway like the car switched into nutreul. Scary stuff. I have no Idea what is going on. No check engine light comes on and it is occuring more frequently.

I'm college with a budget of whatever is in my pocket. Help would be appreciated and I have heard that you guys were the guys to ask. Thanks.

Update. AAMCO just called me with a transmission check and said I'm leaking fluid through a pressure release valve. I don't know how long I have been driving with low trans fluid but hopefully damage to the transmission is limited.

Still excepting thoughts.

Service Writer

March, 22, 2007 AT 5:51 PM

What is the level of your transmission fluid?

fuellenbach

March, 22, 2007 AT 6:14 PM

Currently empty. As soon as AAMCO filled the trans with fluid and then drove it around the block for a test ride it was empty by return. I know, not good.

Service Writer

March, 22, 2007 AT 6:25 PM

Uuuhhh, yeah.

So you do have an idea of what is going on.
Transmission fluid leak as a start and now a transmission most likely.

Service Writer

March, 22, 2007 AT 7:52 PM

Fulenbach said: How much is general transmission work costing? How much is a new trans for a 2003 Ford Focus costing on average so I don't get ripped off?

And should I go with warranty extensions?

Thanks for your help.

My opinion is to put in a jasper remanufactured transmission, it has a 3 year/75,000 mile warranty.

Before you do that you need to fix whatever is leaking. Then fill up the tranny and see how it goes, maybe you got lucky.