2005 FORD FOCUS CAN NOT REPLACE REAR BRAKEPADS

• 05focusST
  • 2005 Ford Focus

Brakes problem
2005 Ford Focus 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 35555 miles

Good Evening,
I was working on replacing my rear brake pads, and I removed the pads, and am now trying to place them back in, but the problem is the "hydrolic press" (im not sure of the name, a cylinder with 4 grooves in it) seems like it need to move in, so that I can place the pads on, as well as fit them back over the rotor. Any ideas?

Thanks,
jon

Monday, April 28th, 2008 AT 5:43 PM

• blackop555

I belive your talking about the brake caliper, to compress it put the old brake pad on it and use a c clamp to push on the old brake pad and back of the caliper to push it back into its bore, once that is done all you have to do is attach the new pads and slip the caliper back on and your good to go.

Monday, April 28th, 2008 AT 8:13 PM
  • flexy5

If your focus has grooves cut into the piston, you will need a special tool that turns the piston in as you compress it. A store like autozone may rent them out.

Monday, April 28th, 2008 AT 8:15 PM
  • 05focusST

I went to the auto zone to purchase a book, but they then gave me this tool that pushes the piston back, and from there, I was done in 5 minutes.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Monday, April 28th, 2008 AT 8:22 PM