My car is now at 105,738 miles and its giving me a hard time. I am going to be extremely descriptive in hope for a narrow diagnosis and remedy.
1) The car hesitates when I accelerate fast, but it does not hesitate when I accelerate really slow.
2) The car hesitates more often when I drive it in the rain.
3) If the car begins to hesitate, I can press the "Overdrive" button (which prevents the car from going into Overdrive) and the hesitation is reduced immensely, sometimes it goes away completely.
4) If I start the car in 1st gear, then manually move it to 2nd, and then manually move it to "D" drive, then manually turn on the "Overdrive" feature after 45mph to get it to higher gears, then I can reduce the hesitation because I am manually shifting the gears instead of leaving it to the car.
5) I bought brand new top of the line electric spark plugs which reduced the hesitation for a while, but now it is back.
6) I also bought brand new electric spark plug wires at that same time.
7) Driving my car in the rain with the A/C will make the hesitation so bad that it turns my car off.
SO, the fact that the car hesitates more often in the rain makes me feel like it may be that a sensor may be messed up that regulates gas/air ratio. The fact that manually switching my car makes it easier to drive, and the fact that the A/C turns off my car tells me that I also have a power problem, but I don't know where it is coming from.
It's not a dirty fuel injector, its not bad spark plugs or wires, and its not bad oil, oil filter, or air filter.
I don't know, you guys are the pros, help me out! I am giving $5 now to see if this is legit, but if anyone helps me out I will gladly give $50-100 if it is a precise and true explanation of what is going on. If even after this explanation you still don't have enough info, just let me know and I'll try my best to give more.
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010 AT 5:07 PM