ROUGH IDLE

2000 Ford Focus

LJBene777

August, 19, 2010 AT 6:35 PM

2000 Ford Focus 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 139000 miles

Recently I was at a stop sign and my engine went Died.
(and I just bought this car like 2 months ago when it had 136k miles) anyway I try to crank it back up and it doesn't do it at first.

The second time I give it a little gas and it cranks ands gets me to the house. But while i'm in the drive way in park it goes died again.
I call the Dealer and got him to check it out and he said it was the timing belt.

So I just got it back and it didn't want to start at first. So I got him to come out and get it started and he has to give it some gas to crank it but he finally got it going.

he said that the idle my need adjusting (so sense he was about to close I got my uncle to adjust the idle.

and it's been running ok. How ever at red light it sound a little bit rough in idle.

I'm afraid it may go died again when I least expect it.

Is there something else I need to get check.

August, 19, 2010 AT 8:23 PM

Hi LJBene777, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Check and test the coolant temperature sensor and clean out the idle air control valve/PCV and EGR valves and see what happens-let me know-

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Cylinder Head Valve Job Guide
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8