LIGHTS SHUTING OFF

1966 Ford Fairlane

fairlane

March, 16, 2009 AT 9:22 AM

1966 Ford Fairlane V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

well me and my friends were crusing around in my car and all the sudden out of no ware the high beams start flickering on and off and then the dash lights eventully everything seizes to work except the motor. Soo we stop the car and shut it off for like 5 min and turn it back on and everything works. But it deosnt do that often the last time it did this was way back in july soo my question is how do I fix this and yes this is a daily driver

Docfixit

March, 24, 2009 AT 12:09 PM

Check out the pig tail ground from batt term to body

M_H_RITZEL

July, 23, 2009 AT 10:25 AM

The pig tail in the engine compartment on the drivers side is dirty or correded. I bypassed the one on my 1962 and everything works fine. Most fuses are on the headlight switch. There is a singal one towards the dash on the switch that usually goes bad. It is hard to replace. If you are not keeping the car original you can rewire and install a fuse pannel like I did behind the vent, out of the way. I rewired it so everything went throught the fuses except the headlights. Convient to check and change fuses.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911