2000 Ford F-250 Hot wiring smell in CAB

THOMASHFD2
  • 2000 FORD F-250
2000 Ford F250 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 72000 miles

I have a 2000 Ford F-250 with a 7.3 diesel. The problem is I hjave a smell of hot wiring in the cab when the heateris running. All seems well as far as operation for now. The fan runs at all speeds, heat works well vent choice works. When the system is turned off the smell goes away. I'm wondering if it's the fan motor, switch or a rectifier. Do you have a suggestion where to start? Ever heard of this problem? What is the fix?
Monday, December 14th, 2009 AT 2:45 PM

It could be the resister or the motor itself. The resister, however, wouldn't smell unless the motor was drawing too many amps. That is where I would start. Check the motor for amp draw. Let me know what you find. NOTE: There is a blower motor relay under the hood, but again, I wouldn't think the smell would make it in the truck. Check the motor and let me know what you find.
Monday, December 14th, 2009 AT 9:23 PM