1990 FORD F250 POWER WINDOW MOTOR REPLACEMENT

• profefrax
  • 1990 Ford F-250

1990 Ford F250 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

I need to replace the driver's side power window motor in 1990 F250. I can't figure out how to remove the existing motor. It seems to be mounted by a rivet that is not easily accessible.

Saturday, January 23rd, 2010 AT 2:45 PM

• bluelightnin6

1. Disconnect the battery ground.
2. Remove the door trim panel.
3. Disconnect the window motor wiring harness.
4. There are 2 dimples in the door panel, opposite the 2 concealed motor retaining bolts. Using a 1 / 2 in. (13mm) drill bit, drill out these dimples to gain access to the motor bolts. Be careful to avoid damage to the wires.
5. Remove the 3 motor mounting bolts.
6. Push the motor towards the outside of the door to disengage it from the gears. You'll have to support the window glass once the motor is disengaged.
7. Remove the motor from the door.
8. Installation is the reverse of removal. To avoid rusting in the drilled areas, prime and paint the exposed metal, or, cover the holes with waterproof body tape. Torque the motor mounting bolts to 50-85 inch lbs. (6-10 Nm). Make sure that the motor works properly before installing the trim panel.

+2
Saturday, January 23rd, 2010 AT 10:31 PM
  • rc.

Drill out the three divits under the plastic door liner and make sure the holes will allow a 1/4" drive socket to pass into the door so you can remove the three bolts holding the motor assembly in place. Then check to see if the motor is bad or if the plastic parts in the gear assembly have failed. You may have to remove the speaker to reach into the door.

Monday, January 25th, 2010 AT 11:37 AM