CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

Ford F-150

lorenh

October, 27, 2006 AT 1:24 PM

After refueling a 1997 Ford F-150 4x4 with 4.8L V-8 the check engine light came on. The gas cap had been left off and driven for 7 miles. After replacing cap check engine light is still on. Any ideas would be appreciated. This has happened before and the light went out after replacing gas cap.

lorenh

October, 27, 2006 AT 5:27 PM

I went to local Autozone and they read the trouble code which was P0303 which is a mis-fire on number 3 cylinder so they tell me. Since the spark plugs were replaced 4000 miles ago and the wires was replaced 2 years ago I'm assuming it's the coil but I will check the rest first.
When I got home with the pickup I stopped to get the and left it running. As I walked by the gas fill door I heard a soft whoosh, like a silent burb, sorry only way I can think to explain it. I've had this pickup for over 6 years and never heard it before. Now I'm wondering what is really going on.
Anybody got any ideas?