Cabin air filter replacement

CASTORRIV
  • 2004 FORD F-150
I bought a cabin air filter from NAPA but I can't figure out how/where to install it. The Napa guys didn't know either. Thanks, Doug.
Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 9:09 PM

RACEFAN966
Your truck does not have a cabin air filter. I checked and it is listed as not being equiped with one at all. It may have a dealer add on cabin filter but it did not come with a factory cabin air filter.
+2
Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 9:31 PM
CASTORRIV
If it doesn't come with a cabin air filter, how does napa have the part? Is it a dealer add-on or something? Thanks.
Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 11:24 PM
RACEFAN966
Because it is a dealer add on not a factory install. So there is a part number for it. Just like my 99 Jeep it is an option as well so there is a part number but it was never installed My Mustang the same thing but my F-150 never offered. Sorry but that is what it is saying. If you would like check with your local Ford dealer.
+2
Tuesday, February 17th, 2009 AT 10:04 AM
DENICE MCCOY
I have a 2004 F 150 XLT Supercab and no it does not have a cabin air filter. I bought my truck brand new August 2004.
Saturday, September 1st, 2018 AT 7:00 AM
KEN
Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out whenever you are on the site. :)

Cheers, Ken
+1
Saturday, September 1st, 2018 AT 11:12 AM
BKELLER82
  • 2002 FORD F-150
Hello, Im having a hard time replacing my cabin air filter. 2002 F150 Xlt Supercab. To my knowledge it is behind the glove box. I removed the bottom cover, and i'm lost from there. Thanks
Wednesday, January 9th, 2019 AT 11:05 AM (Merged)
CABIN AIR FILTER
Removal & Installation
Cabin air filter is available as an optional dealer-installed kit. Cabin air filter installation instructions are included with the kit. If a filter is already installed, it is located under the right side of the instrument panel in the HVAC housing. Trim panel may have to be removed to gain access to filter
+1