FUEL RAIL PRESSURE SENSOR

2004 Ford Explorer

rtorres

September, 21, 2010 AT 2:35 PM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2004 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 81000+ miles

my check engine soon light has come on and the diagnostic read p0193. That code is a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor . If possible could you tell/show me where that sensor is located. Times are hard and I cant afford for Ford to replace this sensor at a 400 dollar price. Im no mechanic but im handy unless you say that I should not even attempt such a task. Thanks. R. Torres

bluelightnin6

September, 21, 2010 AT 5:59 PM

Your vehicle's fuel rail pressure sensor is at the top rear of engine (pic below)

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_2698.jpg

james8614

September, 16, 2015 AT 7:49 AM

Thanks for the diagram but that is either a 4.6 or 5.4 and we are talking about a 4.0 sohc. So that diagram dosent help anyone. The fuel pressure sensor is located on the driver side behind the coil pack just under the upper intake. Replys like yours confuse ppl and they end up doing the job wrong or have to take it to ford wjere they charge a ridiculous amount to fix a ten minute job.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Fuel Filter Change