2002 Ford Explorer 2002 02 Ford Explorer door locks and com

SIRTYSON
  • 2002 FORD EXPLORER

Computer problem
2002 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 86000 miles

my 02 ford explorer power door locks just up and quit all at the same time. They wont work with the fob or the combination pad outside the door either.I need to know where the door lock relays are located and would love to have a door lock wiring diagram.I already removed the drivers door panel and the rubber wire duct in the door jamb and found a red wire broken and tada! Soldered it and wound up fixing the right rear power window that hasent worked for a year or more lol anyway, the other wires seemed ok in the door jamb area any ideas?

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 AT 9:30 AM

MERLIN2021

The easiest way to find out what the problem is is to have it scanned for "B" codes, this will pinpoint which part has failed. The central security module controls the door loks, and if using the keypad doesnt work, as it is wired directly to the module, that may be the problem, or possibly a blown fuse. This is the visual inspection list.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_explorer_1.jpg

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 AT 2:48 PM
SIRTYSON

Ok sounds good thanks for the speedy reply. Would you happen to know the location of the central security module? Thanks.

Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 AT 8:30 AM
MERLIN2021

On the base of the "C" pillar, thats at the tailgate.

Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 AT 1:37 PM
SIRTYSON

Ok thanks, I figured it was in the passengers side c pillar because all im getting from the locks is a relay sound comming from there

Thursday, September 25th, 2008 AT 7:07 AM
CHIPPSNC

Were you able to fix your problem? I have the exact same problem. What was the fix&cost?

Thanks.

Thursday, January 15th, 2009 AT 6:38 AM