REMOVAL OF DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR PANEL

2001 Ford Explorer

Jim Myers

June, 6, 2008 AT 12:20 AM

Interior problem
2001 Ford Explorer V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 53000 miles

I am in need of instructions or drawings for removal of the driver's side front door panel. The instructions are needed as I need to replace the remote controlled, heated driver's side mirror (with puddle light). I have already purchased an after-market mirror but, it arrived with no installation instructions.

I will be deeply appreciative of any advice that is available or a link to a website which might have the assembly drawings available.

Thank you for your help and support, and I will have no problem donating to your group for the information that is supplied. (See below)

Thanks Again!

Jim Myers

Jack42

June, 6, 2008 AT 7:56 AM

My software doesnt have any diagrams of that, but lets see if I can walk you through it. There will be screws around the arm rest an dpossibly door handles. If you see any decorative plugs, remove them to see if there is a screw behind it. The panel just pops on and off, start at the bottom. An inexpensive panel removal tool can be found at your local parts store. Pop the first part of the panel off at the bottom, then slide tool over til you feel the next one and pop it off. Do this around the panel until it is free. Reverse for installation

Jim Myers

June, 6, 2008 AT 2:30 PM

Guys,

Thanks for the instructions. I bought the tool which you recommended and then proceeded to follow the instructions which you supplied me with.

The operation was a success and the patient lived.

The whole process took less than one (1) hour start to finish.

Thanks again for your assistance and accurate guidance in this project.

Jim Myers

Jack42

June, 6, 2008 AT 3:47 PM

My pleasure Jim, glad to be of help

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Window Switch Replacement and Test