WHINING IN REVERSE ONLY

1995 Ford Explorer

adambodkins

July, 27, 2008 AT 3:06 AM

1995 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 181230 miles

I just bought a 95 explorer 4.0 with 4wd I have been driving the truck just fine with no problems. Tonight my wife and I went to go to dinner and the truck will not go into reverse at all. It just makes a real fast whining/grinding noise. I pushed it into the driveway and drove it in drive and everything was fine but as soon as I stopped and put it in reverse it does the same thing. I can only go forward right now. What is happening. It drive perfect until I washed it.

merlin2021

July, 27, 2008 AT 7:09 AM

If it had reverse till you washed it, have a look at the electrical connection at the tranny, get any water out of the connector, and put some dieelictric grease in the connector.

adambodkins

July, 27, 2008 AT 7:20 AM

Well after tinkering around for about an hour I figured it out. I had the 4wd knob slightly turned between 2wd and 4wd auto I must have bumped it from amoral but it is betternow

merlin2021

July, 27, 2008 AT 8:27 AM

Sometimes we do get lucky!

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler PT
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro