Windshield wiper not working

TYJHALON
  • 1998 FORD EXPEDITION

Four cylinder two wheel drive automatic 280,000 miles

A few months ago, my windshield wiper on the passenger side stops working. The driver wiper works and functions perfectly fine, but the passenger side does not move at all when I turn on the wipers. I suspect the motor, but my question is why would only one stop working and not both? Any advice? Also, what should I do to repair this problem?

Friday, February 20th, 2009 AT 6:54 PM

DON OLIVER

There is a cover on the bottom end of the wiper arm. Remove the cover and turn the wipers on. If the post in the center under the cover is turning, turn the wipers off and tighten the nut holding the wipers on. If no nut there and you cannot see the post, look under the arm. You can see the knurled post sticking into the arm. If it is turning, linkage is okay. The wiper arm might be stripped. If it is not turning, the linkage came apart. It is under the cowling and is an easy repair. Good luck.

+2
Friday, February 20th, 2009 AT 7:06 PM
LVSPORTS
  • 2002 FORD EXPEDITION
  • MERGED

V8 all wheel drive automatic 98,000 miles

The windshield wipers and windshield fluid do not work. Have replaced the fuses. What else could the problem be?

Saturday, December 31st, 2016 AT 2:35 PM
  • MERGED

It could be the switch. However, have you checked to see if there is power to the wiper motor?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, December 31st, 2016 AT 2:36 PM
CDM9579
  • 2001 FORD EXPEDITION
  • MERGED

V8 four wheel drive automatic 103,000 miles

my SUV recently locked in park and would not move. Also, the power windows, interior lights and windshield wipers will not work. I was able to get it to neutral after following some direction in the owner's manual. One fuse was blown, number fifteen, a five amp fuse, I replaced that fuse and it continues to blow. And it is a fuse that does not control the windows and wipers. Also, why can I not get the car out of park?

What could be wrong?

DOCFIXIT
  • MERGED

Hi Does fuse blow imediatly when placed in box? Fuse goes to brake pedal and when pedal depressed signals shift lock and lets it out of park. Also signals passive theft module. Do you have trailer lights connector? Does fuse blow the instant break pedal is depressed?
Let me know
Thanks for donate

CDM9579
  • MERGED

Yes, fuse blows as soon as it is installed and I have a trailer package, but have never hooked up anything to it, loads, wires, lights etc.

DOCFIXIT
  • MERGED

Locate brake light switch on top pedal unplug try fuse. Check trailer wiring for chaffing.

CDM9579
  • MERGED

Located wiring plug with four or five wires coming out of it at the top of the brake pedal and pulled it out, put in a fuse and still blows. Did not notice any chafing on wires.

DOCFIXIT
  • MERGED

Then there must be short in fuse box or white/yellow wire to brake switch. Pull fuse box check, OHM check wire to ground if continuity the short in wire.

WHITETAILFREAK
  • MERGED

I just went through that same problem on an 2006 Expedition if your trailer harness has a plug to disconnect the whole harness try removing the trailer hook up harness then replace the fuse. That was the problem with my Expedition.