RELATIONSHIP TO AN PROBLEM

2002 Ford Excursion

markebrown

August, 27, 2009 AT 10:13 AM

Air Conditioning problem
2002 Ford Excursion V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

Recently following an oil change the drain plug fell out of oil pan and lack of oil pressure luckily shut off fuel to engine and 7.3 diesel died. While refilling with oil and new plug we could hear a hiss noise coming from a/c under hood next to oil fill. After starting and driving down the road a few miles later the vehicle quit air conditioning system quit cooling. I can't believe the two things could be related but it is odd that they happened at the same time. Any ideas?

Thanks, Mark Brown

mhpautos

August, 27, 2009 AT 5:33 PM

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation.

I do agree, that this is a bit strange and I do think that both are quite unrelated, the hiss will obviously be a refrigerant leak, the lack of refrigerant will shut down the system, you will need to have the system visually inspected and get a leak test done to find this problem, a small charge of re fragrant with a leak detector dye will pick this problem up quickly, start here.

Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Dodge Ram
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape