2001 Ford Escort Check Engine Light

• 1 POST
  • 2001 FORD ESCORT

2001 Ford Escort 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 73000 miles

I just bought my car about 3 months ago and about three weeks ago my check engine light came on. I've had the oil changed and everything checked out. I was told to go get a diagnostic check at the Ford dealership to get a correct reading. Right Now I don't have that kind of cash to be spending an hour at the minumum just for them to tell me whats wrong with the readings. I was wondering if there is anything I can do. The car itself runs perfect. Starts up easy, runs smoothly, and sounds good. There's no ticking or thumping and no odd feelings of difference. Can you please direct me in the right direction.

Sunday, January 20th, 2008 AT 1:54 PM

• 220 POSTS

Some selected big auto supply like Kragen offers a free diagnostic code reading. It is just a handheld scanner that you attached under the steering wheel. (Between the steering wheel and brake pedal). Or you could buy it for around $50 to $120.00 (Can-OBD II Scanner). Once you know the diagnostic trouble code, the Certified CarPro technicians here can help you.

They help me in my car before.

Monday, January 21st, 2008 AT 3:31 PM