Hello matthew. Moran
Perform this ford company drive cycle.
1). Install scan tool. Turn key on with the engine off. Cycle key off, then on. Select your Vehicle & Engine qualifier. Clear all DTC's/ Perform a PCM Reset.
2)Begin to monitor the following PIDs: ECT, EVAPDC, FLI and TP MODE.
Start vehicle WITHOUT returning to Key Off.
3)Idle vehicle for 15 seconds. Drive at 64 Km/h (40 MPH) until ECT is at least 76.7 C (170 F)
4)Cruise at 64 Km/h (40 MPH) for up to 4 minutes.
5)Cruise at 72 to 104 Km/h (45 to 65 MPH) for 10 minutes (avoid sharp turns and hills) Note, to initiate the monitor: TP MODE should =PT, EVAPDC must be >75%, and FLI must be between 15 and 85%
6)Drive in stop and go traffic conditions. Include five different constant cruise speeds, ranging from 40 to 72 Km/h (25 to 45 MPH) over a 10 minute period.
7) From a stop, accelerate to 72 Km/h (45 MPH) at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Repeat 3 times.
8)Bring the vehicle to a stop. Idle with transmission in drive for 2 minutes.
9) from a stop and in overdrive, moderately accelerate to 80 Km/h (50 MPH) and cruise for at least 15 seconds. Stop vehicle and repeat without overdrive to 64 Km/h (40 MPH) cruising for at least 30 seconds. While at 64 Km/h (40 MPH), activate overdrive and accelerate to 80 Km/h (50 MPH) and cruise for at least 15 seconds. Stop for at least 20 seconds and repeat step 10 five times. Executes the transmission
10) From a stop, accelerate to 104 Km/h (65 MPH). Decelerate at closed throttle until 64 Km/h (40 MPH) (no brakes). Repeat this 3 times.
11) Access the ON-Board System Readiness (OBDII monitor status) function on the scan tool. Determine whether all non-continuous monitors have completed. If not, go to next step.
12) With the scan tool, check for pending codes. If the vehicle still not running right.
Park vehicle for a minimum of 8 hours. Repeat steps 2 through 12, check for pending codes if the vehicle is not running right.
(one time small donation is enough)
Tuesday, March 30th, 2010 AT 10:18 AM