THE BATTERY/ALTERNATOR LIGHT CAME ON AFTER

1995 Ford Escort

RiPRooRiN

October, 22, 2010 AT 4:22 PM

1995 Ford Escort 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 51,000 miles

I have a 1995 ford escort that wouldnt start one day. I jumped it and it ran fine for two more days. Then it would only run if I jumped it; so I figured the battery needed to be replaced and replaced it. Upon putting it in I wasnt paying attention and hooked it up backwards(postiive wire to negative terminal and vice versa.) This immediately blew the main fuse. Put the new main fuse in, hooked the battery up(the right way) and she started up fine, only now the battery/alternator light is on. I drove the car for 2 days before the power cut out fully, and then had to be towed. Could I have triggered something with the new battery?

Why Is My Battery Light On?

1 IMAGE

Gen Light

saturntech9

October, 22, 2010 AT 4:29 PM

The first thing I would do is charge your battery fully and then start the engine and see what the voltage is to your battery at idle.

October, 22, 2010 AT 4:35 PM

Check and test the fuel injection fuse and the meter if okay follow your 1st suggestion by Sat9

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX