1995 FORD ESCORT THE BATTERY/ALTERNATOR LIGHT CAME ON AFTER

• RiPRooRiN
  • 1995 Ford Escort

1995 Ford Escort 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 51,000 miles

I have a 1995 ford escort that wouldnt start one day. I jumped it and it ran fine for two more days. Then it would only run if I jumped it; so I figured the battery needed to be replaced and replaced it. Upon putting it in I wasnt paying attention and hooked it up backwards(postiive wire to negative terminal and vice versa.) This immediately blew the main fuse. Put the new main fuse in, hooked the battery up(the right way) and she started up fine, only now the battery/alternator light is on. I drove the car for 2 days before the power cut out fully, and then had to be towed. Could I have triggered something with the new battery?

Friday, October 22nd, 2010 AT 4:22 PM

• saturntech9

The first thing I would do is charge your battery fully and then start the engine and see what the voltage is to your battery at idle.

Friday, October 22nd, 2010 AT 4:29 PM
  • rasmataz

Check and test the fuel injection fuse and the meter if okay follow your 1st suggestion by Sat9

Friday, October 22nd, 2010 AT 4:35 PM