2001 FORD CROWN VICTORIA WONT TURN OVER

• wakesk888
  • 2001 Ford Crown Victoria

2001 Ford Crown Victoria V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 134000 miles

My car has been sitting in the drive way for a year an has been getting cranked every month to keep the battery good an so on. Now the car will not crank. You can smell the gas going into the engine but the car wont turn over?

Wednesday, April 14th, 2010 AT 12:37 PM

• way2old

If you jump the car from another, will it start?

Wednesday, April 14th, 2010 AT 4:57 PM
  • wakesk888

No it will not start when I jump it from another car. I disconnected the fuel line from the fuel tank an it seem there is a clog in the line or fuel pump

Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 8:39 AM
  • way2old

Can you hjear the fuel pump running when the key is turned to the on position? There is also an inertia switch in the trunk. Make sure the red button is locked in the down position. The fuel pump relay is also a known failure on these cars.

Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 6:23 PM
  • wakesk888

Where is the inertia switch located in the trunk?

Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 11:12 PM
  • way2old

Left side close to where the trunk hunge is. It is a little square box that has a button on the top. If fuel is good, check for spark. No spark, look at the crank sensor. Also check the wiring under the right front bumper area under the battery, There is a loop in the wiring where water collects and will corrode wires.

Friday, April 16th, 2010 AT 5:04 PM
  • wakesk888

I found the inertia button an it was tripped. The button wouldn't release when I followed the instructions in the manual an it would release untill I hit the little black box that its in. The car is still tring to turn over but its not working.

Saturday, April 17th, 2010 AT 9:48 AM