Bad altanator or a sensor?

MACATAC0
  • FORD CONTOUR
I have a 1996 ford contour with 97,000 miles. I`m having a problem with the charging system yesterday the battery was shot the guy at the parts store checked the altanator and said it was charging, so I installed a new battery and this morning it was dead again. Before it died it started a series of dings inside the blower quit and it died. Grandpa said he had this problem a year or so he took it to an out of state shop they replaced the battery then discovered a sensor was bad. But he doesn`t remember which one? Does any one have a bit of advice or know of this problem? Thank you
Sunday, December 3rd, 2006 AT 3:33 PM

KEN
Lets recheck the altenator, sometime they can work one second and not the next. Thats is were I would start. Let me know please. :D
Sunday, December 3rd, 2006 AT 4:40 PM
MACATAC0
I DID WITH A VOLT METER AND IT DIDN T SEEM TO BE WORKING TO ME, JUST WONDERING IF THERE WAS A LINK SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE BATTERY AND THE ALT THAT MAY BE MESSING UP OR BREAKING DOWN.
Sunday, December 3rd, 2006 AT 4:55 PM
1BIGG1
You may also have a parasitic drain on the battery, meaning you still have a closed ciruit somewhere.
Sunday, December 3rd, 2006 AT 7:48 PM