2.0 ENGINE IDLE PROBLEM

1997 Ford Contour

idesipimpi

July, 7, 2007 AT 1:25 PM

I have a 97 Ford contour 2.0 L and i'm having an idle problem with my vehicle. I got the problem diagnosed and the shop told me that the idle air control valve is bad so I replaced that part and it did not make a difference. Then when I got my vehicle smogged, the technician said the egr solenoid was not working at times so I replaced that and it did not fix my idle problem still. I really want to find out what else the problem might be. Another thing is that I notice my idle is around 1250 when i'm at a red light or stop sign, the idle seems to be normal after I turn the engine off and quickly start the engine up again. I hope you might have some suggestions to what the problem might be. Thanks

BACKRODE

July, 7, 2007 AT 1:34 PM

Check for vacuum leaks check the flex hose at the back fo the motor going toward fire wall thats were I had a big one

Service Writer

July, 7, 2007 AT 9:38 PM

I too have seen the leak BACKRODE refers to, /I believe it is the hose that comes off the brake booster.--Dealer part. I think the symptom remained when restarting it however. Check the computer for codes. Have seen these go through O2 sensors.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Clean Idle Air Control Ford Super Duty 5.4L
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro