ENGINE PERFORMANCE PROBLEM1986 FORD BRONCO 6 ...

1986 Ford Bronco

sum41rulez1885

August, 25, 2009 AT 10:51 PM

1986 Ford Bronco 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

My 1986 Bronco II starts up strong, and runs great for about 30 min or so then it will start stalling out then die, sometimes it turns over immediately sometimes it takes about 10 min of fussing with it or letting it sit for a few mins. After it dies you have to stay hard on the gas or it will begain stalling again the first stall usually occurs after we have sat at a redlight for a while or going at very slow speeds like off roading, we have tryed to check the codes but it will not read. We have replaced the spark plug wires, (it appears to have new plugs, ) distributer cap, rotor button, tfi module, coil, pcv vaulve, map sensor. Also we have checked for vacume leaks and cannot find any and the fuel pressure is at 30psi when the engine is running we are out of ideas?

bigjim79

November, 26, 2009 AT 1:01 AM

I had a ranger that done the same thing! It was the fuel pressure regulator valveleaking down letting it flood out. Pull the vacum line off the valve. It will probably have gas in the vacum line. The valve is making the engine run real rich. This is why you have to stay on the gas so hard and its hard to start. If this sin't the problem I would check for injector rail leaks.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20