NEED HELP ASAP..THANKS

Ford Aerostar

djcreep

December, 29, 2006 AT 2:02 PM

I own a 1997 ford aerostar. A few nights ago I noticed that it is running VERY sluggish. It barely makes it up hills, and we have many of those in my city. I recently had my catalytic converter replaced and noticed a slight increase in power. But now that is gone. Van seems to run OK on level ground, but can't get the power to make it up hills. The other night I creeped home from work and after climbing a huge hill just before home, I checked under the van and noticed the converter was glowing red hot. It seems to idle fine, transmission fluid looks OK. Could this have something to do with the fuel filter or maybe the air filter? Please help me with any advice. Thanks to all

abaday

December, 30, 2006 AT 8:00 PM

The converter is glowing because there is fuel in it you might be miss firing or have a bad regultor 02 sensor you need to have it checked because you have already ruined the new cat

Service Writer

December, 30, 2006 AT 10:24 PM

I have found that most Aerostar owners avoid a tune up becasue of the cost and end up in this situation. When were the last times the plugs, cap, rotor and wires were replaced?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement