ENGINE LIGHT

1997 Ford Aerostar

WebsterJim

November, 17, 2008 AT 3:17 PM

1997 Ford Aerostar 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 102, 00 miles

This is my fifth Ford Aerostar. Each vehicle I have own had a problem with the engine light remaining on. It never was a problem in the past getting an inspection sticker until now. I live in Massachusetts and the van was put under a computer diagnostic check and I was told I need a P1443 Evap Purge Valve Fault and P0141 H02S12 Heater Circuit Fault. What and where are these parts and what would be the cost to replace? I like my Aerostar as you can tell and would not want to let go for something as minor as the engine light on. The engine light has been on for five years without any problems!

Dave H

November, 17, 2008 AT 4:24 PM

If the vehicle is running fine. Ask the diagnostic centre to delete the codes. After you have wrote them down. Test drive the vehicle for a little while. See if they come back. Sometimes computers get a little hiccup in the sytem as i'm sure you know. They may come back if they do please re-post for more info?