You can try a relearn but if it works, it may only be temporary because there is likely a problem with the key sensor that would require a new ignition lock.
PASSLOCK TEN MINUTE RELEARN
Time required, approximately ten minutes:
1. Insure that the battery is fully charged.
2. Use the scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.
3. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the CRANK position attempting to start the vehicle. The vehicle will start and then stall.
4. Leave the ignition switch in the ON position while observing the security indicator.
5. When the security indicator turns off, which can take up to ten minutes, turn the ignition switch off. Wait ten seconds.
6. The BCM and the PCM will learn the new code on the next start attempt.
Thursday, August 11th, 2016 AT 7:01 AM