ENGINE IS SHAKING AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS COME ON

2000 Toyota Corolla

mytoyo2000

August, 26, 2013 AT 4:28 PM

.

3 days ago my check engine light came on and I noticed my engine was shaking I took it to autozone and they pulled the codes P300 and P303. I just put a coil in today and I'm assuming I put it in cylinder 3. If facing the car from the front, I put it in the second cylinder from the left. According to the site on the internet that should be cylinder 3. But my car still shaking. My spark plugs were changed about 7months ago. The check engine light has not come on yet but I've only driven in about 12 miles, So far.
I'm kind of afraid to drive it cause I have to get on interstate and this morning when I got on Interstate I tried to speed up to pass and to get the next lane and the car act like it was going to stall on me! I got off the interstate onto the side streets. It did do a little bit better but still shaking. Also I don't know if this helps I've been noticing a sound by near dashboard I've been hearing like a sounds that sound like a spring and it's bouncing and then it just stops.

August, 26, 2013 AT 6:00 PM

Cylinder # 3 is 2nd from transmission side, meaning at driver side. Facinc vehicle means it should be second from your right.

Whatever noise you are hearing needs to be checked.

mytoyo2000

August, 26, 2013 AT 6:22 PM

Oh, so if I'm sitting in my car, the order will be from driver side 2341? Thanks

August, 26, 2013 AT 6:37 PM

Cylinders are numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4, with # 1 cylinder at the serpentine belt side.

mytoyo2000

August, 26, 2013 AT 6:54 PM

Thank you so very much for all this information I really do appreciate it.

August, 27, 2013 AT 8:26 AM

You're welcome.