1998 EAGLE TALON WONT START

• 1998talon
  • 1998 Eagle Talon

1998 Eagle Talon 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 136000 miles

Hi I have a 1998 eagle talon the car turns over but does not start. Has ran for 4 to 5 months and when I do get it started it runs good I think its the fuel filter but any suggestions would be helpful thanks in advance

Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 AT 5:38 AM

• rasmataz

Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 AT 7:01 AM
  • 1998talon

Thanks for the suggestions will try to see if I have spark hope so since I changed the plugs out

Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 AT 9:14 AM