P0601 ERROR CODE

• Ansav051
  • DODGE STRATUS

Hi there!

I have DODGE Stratus SE (2001 year), mileage 95000.
The symptom of the problem is the following: when starting the engine the ordinary way it does not starts, when starting the engine slightly pushing on the gas simultaneously it starts. The indicator "check engine" is ON. Diagnostics shows the error code P0601.
How to resolve this issue?

Wednesday, August 29th, 2007 AT 5:04 AM

• CanadianApprentice

That is an internal failure code. Meaning that something inside the vehicles computer system has failed. This can sometimes be fixed by "flashing" the computer fancy word for redownloading the programs. However you may find it cheaper and easier to just replace the computer with one from a wrecker.

Good luck

+1
Wednesday, August 29th, 2007 AT 8:09 AM
  • Ansav051

Thanx for your fast answer!
I could do it at our service center, but I need the PROM software - where can I download it?At my place there is no official service center so engineers ask me to find the image of software somehow. I know it sounds stupid but maybe it possible?
BR,
Anton

Wednesday, August 29th, 2007 AT 9:28 AM
  • CanadianApprentice

Anton my friend,

i have no idea what the engineers are talking about. As far as reflashing the computer programs, i've always sent the vehicles to the dealership. I am sure that the vehicle manufacturers would not allow people to do this procedure themselves.
Which brings me to this point. I strongly suggest you phone a salvage yard, and inquire into a used computer. They will ask you to read a serial number off of the side of your vehicles computer to match to the ones they have, this is because there are more than one different programs for vehicles. If the serial numbers match, buy it. As long as it is under $350 CDN then it is well worth it.

Good luck
-bryan

+1
Friday, August 31st, 2007 AT 1:51 PM

Other P0601 Questions