1989 Dodge Shadow Shadow 2.2 tbi all of a sudden running ro

TORREYJ
  • 1989 DODGE SHADOW
1989 Dodge Shadow 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Ok, here's the story. I bought this Shadow 2.2 tbi about 6 months ago and it has been a great car for me up until now. I have done a lot of work to it(p/s hoses, brakes, rotors, hubs, half shafts, timing belt, water pump, valve cover gasket, crankshaft seal. Blah blah). In any case, this car has run great for me up until about a week ago. I started noticing some stumbling when driving not a lot, it almost felt like it was shifting gears back and forth, but it was the engine, then it started to idle rough, but would still drive fine, then it started running pretty bad and it barely driveable now?

I have replaced the O2, MAP, TPS, checked all vacuum lines replaced rotor, cap, coil, checked compression. With no avail, it will barely run now and it seems almost like it is missing. I mean you can get it to go but it takes some work.

If anyone has any ideas or insight into this problem it would be greatly appreciated. I guess what i'm baffled at is that it would go from running great(the only problem ever was that when I first started it it might rev high but then idle fine) to idle rough to now barely functioning? Any idea? Thanks. Torrey
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 6:44 PM

Have you checked fuel pump pressure?
Thursday, July 8th, 2010 AT 8:04 PM