2500

2003 Dodge Ram

Father of Gus

July, 25, 2006 AT 6:57 AM

I was driving at 70 mph on the interstate when I hit a small bump and the front end of my Ram began shaking violently. I slowed down to about 50 mph and it stopped. I continued on at 60-65 with no problem. Later I tried 70 MPH again and ths same thing happened after hitting a small bump. Any ideas?

vandragon

July, 25, 2006 AT 8:40 AM

You didn't say how many miles are on the truck. It could be the steering damper or a ball joint.

Father of Gus

July, 25, 2006 AT 10:47 AM

The truck has 37,000. Just past the warranty wouldn't you know. I suspected ball joints. How costly of a repair is that?

vandragon

July, 25, 2006 AT 6:45 PM

It just depends on where you take it. My 99 van just hit 37000 and i'm haveing problems with it. Ya know they test these parts and can almost predict when they will fail. How else could they make money. Take it to a shop that gives free inspections. Hell, even call autozone and ask, these guys are very good at knowing whats wrong.

Father of Gus

July, 26, 2006 AT 6:21 AM

I have heard that Dodge Rams are hard on ball joints.

Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy