2003 DODGE RAM 2500

• Father Of Gus
  • 2003 DODGE RAM

I was driving at 70 mph on the interstate when I hit a small bump and the front end of my Ram began shaking violently. I slowed down to about 50 mph and it stopped. I continued on at 60-65 with no problem. Later I tried 70 MPH again and ths same thing happened after hitting a small bump. Any ideas?

Tuesday, July 25th, 2006 AT 6:57 AM

• Vandragon

You didn't say how many miles are on the truck. It could be the steering damper or a ball joint.

Tuesday, July 25th, 2006 AT 8:40 AM
  • Father Of Gus

The truck has 37,000. Just past the warranty wouldn't you know. I suspected ball joints. How costly of a repair is that?

Tuesday, July 25th, 2006 AT 10:47 AM
  • Vandragon

It just depends on where you take it. My 99 van just hit 37000 and i'm haveing problems with it. Ya know they test these parts and can almost predict when they will fail. How else could they make money. Take it to a shop that gives free inspections. Hell, even call autozone and ask, these guys are very good at knowing whats wrong.

Tuesday, July 25th, 2006 AT 6:45 PM
  • Father Of Gus

I have heard that Dodge Rams are hard on ball joints.

Wednesday, July 26th, 2006 AT 6:21 AM