2001 DODGE RAM HEATER CORE

• Roofer4goood
  • 2001 DODGE RAM

Heater problem
2001 Dodge Ram V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 155, oo miles

i need the easiest way to change my heater core because i'm going to do it my self

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 AT 6:57 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Hi:
To be honest, there is no easy way to replace it. What I recommend it to purchase a manual for the truck. It will provide step by step instructions and pctures to help identify parts.

Monday, December 8th, 2008 AT 6:23 PM
  • Ken Siler

Hello, I also own a 2001 ram 1500, I have replaced my hetr. Core.I also advise you to buy the manual, it is not to hard to do.I followed the steps to the letter, however when I got to the part were you disconnect all the gauges I got intimidated, so having the dash rolled down I found I had enough room to pull the heater unit away from the firewall and with some carefull finagalling I was able to remove the core and install the new one. Proceed at your own risk. Just so you know, I am about ready to replace mine for a 2nd. Time.I think I have an electrolysis problem causing my cores to leak.I have asked 2carpros how and what do I look for as far as electrolysis is concerned. Good luck, ken, 2001 dodge ram electrolysis.

Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 AT 10:10 AM