I HAVE A 1996 DODGE RAM WITH AUTOMATIC TRANNY ...

1996 Dodge Ram

kaalva

March, 8, 2007 AT 6:39 PM

I have a 1996 dodge ram with automatic tranny, and a manual push button for over drive. It drives fine on the highway until about 50, then it gets rough and you have to push it into manual over drive? What could be causing this? HELP?

vampyrico

March, 9, 2007 AT 8:56 PM

Have any codes? Is the check engine/service engine soon light on?

kaalva

March, 11, 2007 AT 7:57 AM

Yes the service engine light is on? AAHHHH!

vampyrico

March, 11, 2007 AT 11:53 PM

Give your ignition switch a quick on off on off on. If you have an acc. Selection on your ignition it would be acc on acc on acc on. After that it should blink some. Like blink blink (pause) blink blink blink. Which would be 23. Long pauses are a switch to a diff number. Sry if its confusing.

kaalva

March, 13, 2007 AT 3:28 PM

What is the whole on off thing suppose to do? I am wondering if it could be my Tranny, or possibly a sesnor? Whatcha think?

vampyrico

March, 13, 2007 AT 9:45 PM

Its something in your transmission. Like a temperature sensor, maybe not, but its def in the trans. When a car gets to a certain speed something is to click over in the tranny to allow for more efficient driving. Something inside yours isnt doing that automatically. Have a highly trusted shop take a look at it.
Also the on off deal is to get computer codes directly from your computer. Via the service engine light.

kaalva

March, 15, 2007 AT 1:48 PM

Thank you sooooo much, I will get it looked at

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma