2005 DODGE NEON ENGINE MOUNT / LOUD VIBRATION THROUGH FRAME

• spascarelle
  • 2005 Dodge Neon

Noises problem
2005 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

I recently picked up a used 2005 Dodge Neon with 114k miles. It makes a really loud vibration sound that is worst when the car is in drive. The vibration gets slightly more intermittent when the car is hot. I have changed out both the upper and lower torque engine mounts on the passenger side (they were indeed broken), but the vibration did not change. I then replaced the transmission mount, which turned out to be fine, but with everthing apart, I changed it anyway. Vibration stilll there. I had someone look at the main mount at the front of the engine, but they said besides it being "a little soft" it seemed OK. I read somewhere in these questions that the front main engine mount may actually be causing the vibration after all. My question is, could my problem be caused by this mount? Is it fluid- or air-filled, and when the car is hot the mount starts to perform better? I don't want to have another situation like the transmission mount, where I pay for all the labor and then find out the mount is fine. Advice?

Friday, October 22nd, 2010 AT 10:34 AM

• Dr Loot

Due to all your mount problems, I would check the axles they may have suffered from the offset angles due to the bad mounts.

-2
Sunday, October 24th, 2010 AT 10:39 PM