PLYMOUTH P0743 AND BATTERY TEMPERATURE SENSOR?

1997 Dodge Neon

raehza

April, 4, 2006 AT 5:54 PM

HI

I have a 97 Plymouth Neon and my Check Engine Light is on. I have it checked and I have 2 problems:

The first code is P0743 (Torque Converter Electrical)
What do I have to do in order to fix P0743 !

I forgot the 2nd. Code but I was somewhere in the P14xx ares. The Mechanic who checked it said, that probably my Battery Temperature Sensor is not good anymore? Whats that and what is it doing?

My Battery light is also constantly ON and I had my Battery AND my Alternator already replaced. So I guess the P14xx Code is related to my Battery Light problem.

Please help me out folks

Thanks !

vandragon

April, 5, 2006 AT 5:19 AM

I would say your getting screwed. Find another mech. I have never heard of a battery temp sensor. Just call a parts store and ask. This sounds like the old wobulater shaft or conuten valve trick!

sobbad

April, 5, 2006 AT 8:21 AM

[quote=" vandragon" ]i would say your getting screwed. Find another mech. I have never heard of a battery temp sensor. Just call a parts store and ask. This sounds like the old wobulater shaft or conuten valve trick![/Quote]
Yes there is a battery temp sensor and it monitors battery temp in voltage. They do go bad and send the wrong voltage to the ecm. You can look at the schematics and see that there is one on this vehicle.

raehza

April, 6, 2006 AT 8:14 AM

Oh I c thanks! Thats what he told me. Something about the voltage.

Now, what about that torque converter electrical problem? Whats that about? Do I have to rebuild my transmission for that?

The mechanic also tried to Erase the Check Engine Light, but It didnt turn off. It came right back. Like it never disappeared. Does that maybe mean that my Car Computer is messed up?

Thx

vandragon

April, 6, 2006 AT 10:40 AM

Thanks for trying to make me look bad, SOBBAD the jerk. Up yours truly. Vandragon

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang