Removal & Installation
1. Release fuel pressure. Disconnect negative battery cable. Drain cooling system. Remove air cleaner inlet duct and air cleaner. Disconnect all vacuum lines, electrical wiring and fuel lines from throttle body.
2. Remove throttle linkage. Remove accessory drive belts. Remove power brake vacuum hose from intake manifold. Raise vehicle and remove exhaust pipe from manifold. Remove power steering pump assembly and set aside.
3. Disconnect coil pack wiring connector and remove coil pack and bracket from engine. Remove cylinder head cover. Remove cam sensor and fuel injectors wiring harness connectors.
4. Remove intake manifold. Carefully remove the timing belt. Remove rocker arm shaft assemblies. Remove cylinder head bolts and remove cylinder head.
5. To install, reverse removal procedure. Clean and oil bolt threads before installation. Short bolts
should be installed in positions No. 7, 8, 9 and 10. See Fig. 3 . Tighten head bolts in sequence
using 4-step torque/turn method.
1st: tighten to 25 ft. lbs. (34 N.m).
2nd: tighten to 50 ft. lbs. (68 N.m).
3rd: tighten to 50 ft. lbs. (68 N.m).
4th: tighten an additional 1/4 turn (DO NOT use a torque wrench for 4th step).
Sunday, December 28th, 2008 AT 7:13 PM