INTREPID RADIATOR BLEED VALVE

• furbz1977
  • Dodge Intrepid

2001 Dodge Intrepid- 2.7
110,000 miles

As I was driving home tonight I noticed smoke coming from my engine. I thought at first my upper radiator hose blew (I've had to replace it before), but when I opened the hood I noticed the bleed valve gasket (I guess this is what it is called, it is located at the engine block where the upper radiator hose connects to the engine) had literally blown off. Can this "gasket" be resealed (if so what sealant should I use), or do I need to replace the entire housing unit that connects to the engine?

Shannon Fuhrmann

Sunday, October 22nd, 2006 AT 7:08 PM

• losone

Most likely it is a bad tach. If it part of the casting that hold speedometer and tach them both have to be replaced. If it is a stand alone than the tach only.

Make sure all the wires are connected to the distributer as the tach signal comes from there.

Friday, June 2nd, 2006 AT 5:43 PM
  • 94bowden

This guy just took the word right out of my mouth :D

Thursday, August 3rd, 2006 AT 12:41 PM
  • furbz1977

I'm going to answer my own question. After spending hours online and "googling" I finally found the part (coolant air bleeder) at NAPA auto parts (Part number BK 6003245). The part comes as the entire brace that connects the upper radiator hose to the engine (it has a vent valve on it that helps to bleed out any air). As a temporary fix, I was able to use a one-minute epoxy from Permatex (it is rated for 180 degrees and 2500 psi) to glue the top part of the air bleeder brace to the bottom (if you look closely at the part you can see where it's seemed together). Word to the wise. If you see any signs of a leak in this area, replace the coolant air bleeder. I did notice signs of a possible leak, but when asked a friend about it, he said I shouldn't worry. I know my own car and should have trustd my instincts!

Monday, October 23rd, 2006 AT 6:26 PM
  • techrich

Just wanted to thank you very much for the insight and you helped me figure out what I need to do as well. Had the same exact problem.

Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 2:28 PM
  • kodiak couch

Im kind of perplexed as to why a speedometer comes into play. But thanks for the part number

Sunday, March 15th, 2015 AT 7:22 PM