BATTERY QUESTION

Dodge Intrepid

gpizza

April, 11, 2007 AT 5:42 PM

I have a 1999 Dodge Intrepid with the larger available engine. It has 110K miles on it. I am not sure of the age of the battery as I bought the car used.

On occasion when I turn the key, nothing happens. No clicking of the starter or anything. It seems totally dead except that all electrical things(lights, radio, etc) seem to be working fine. If I turn the key enough times (sometimes 20 or so times), it will eventually start like normal. Once warm it does not seem to do it as frequently. It also will go several weeks at a time without incident and then start happening again. Do you think that this is a battery issue or a starter issue?

thanks

Greg

Not Charging Battery

Battery Will Not Charge

April, 11, 2007 AT 6:49 PM

Sounds more like ignition switch is failing start here before we get into the NSS/starter relay/starter

Load test the battery by using the starter as a loading device with a voltmeter hooked-up to the battery should read 9.6volts while cranking-less than that I will go ahead and change the battery making sure connections are clean and tight.

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement