2002 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 77000 miles
I did change water pump and the timing chain and some volves on my car. No it starts and run fine with exception to cylinder 6. Cylinder 6 has no spark. I did check for volts to the coil positive and it is 16+ when the car running. I checked for continuity between the coil and the pcm pin, and it is there. The coil is in good working condition. I tested the asd relay by insterting test light in coil 6 positive and turned the key on the light came on for about 3 seconds and it turned of. Now I am assuming that
1. I have enough voltages supplied to the coil
2. The coil resistance is acceptable, It is good tested working coil
3. I have continuity from the coil negative to the pcm pin.
4. The harnes that clips into the coil has no problem.
5. The asd is functioning as it shoul.
Given all the above, have I missed something is there any other test needs to be done. And if not where could the problem be?
have the same problem?
Monday, December 28th, 2009 AT 1:46 PM