ABS AND BRAKE LIGHT ON

2000 Dodge Durango

josec

March, 8, 2010 AT 9:00 PM

Brakes problem
2000 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 112500 miles

My ABS and brake lights are on plus the motor for the abs is also on. I took the truck to a mecanic, he was working on it for 2 days, he didn't give me an answer
he checked the 2 front sensors, they checked allright then he checked the rear and it was ok, he checked the module and it was ok don't know what to do please help me. Thank You!

legitimate007

March, 9, 2010 AT 6:52 AM

I suspect the pressure switch, does your pedal get hard and soft at times?

josec

March, 10, 2010 AT 8:56 PM

Thanks for your help but I put a new pressure switch and it didn't work any other suggestion.

legitimate007

March, 10, 2010 AT 11:09 PM

The resevoir that holds the stored pressure could be leaking too, that may be why the motor is constantly running to try and keep it full. I can tell you, that if the vehicle was put on the dbr 4 scan tool, (not a regular scanner) it will tell exactly what is wrong, but I believe only the dodge dealers have this

jjans43

March, 11, 2010 AT 8:07 PM

I just had the same problem with my Durango. I took it to a mechanic who worked for a Chrysler dealer. He said it was the ABS control modulator on top of the pump. There is a computer board inside that might have gone bad. He disconnected the plug behind and sort of underneath the control box and it stopped the noise, but the lights will still be on. Everything still works except the ABS system. This Modulator costs anywhere from 600 dollars on up. There are places (if you look) on the web that will rebuild them for a fraction of that, but you have to send them in and this could take about a week and a half. Good luck

legitimate007

March, 11, 2010 AT 8:12 PM

Thank you for your input. Its nice to see people of the forum sharing their experiences, this is what its all about

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet