88 POWER WINDOWS

1988 Dodge Daytona

jahovasgod

February, 27, 2006 AT 3:27 AM

88 dodge daytona shelby z 2.2 turbo 100000 the power windows and the power seats do not work and I cant figure out if there on the same fuse or not there is a large silver fuse (the kind that u cant see if there blown) that was marked pwr window so I put in a new one and nothing happened still no power-keep in mind that im not sure if this is the right fuse so were might I start. I dont have the owners manual but I have the hayne repair manual but it doesnt say wich fuse is for the power seats wich is more important cause im tall and the seat is stuck forward.

Power Windows

Power Window Fuse Block

1 ANSWER
1 IMAGE

RichK2007

June, 23, 2007 AT 5:01 PM

The silver fuse you found is actual a circuit breaker, a type of fuse that usually resets itself. You can find these in high load systems such power seats, power windows and power door locks. It sounds as if you may have a bad wire from the battery to these circuits or they could have bad switches or motors. You will have to do some diagosis to deterimine where the problem lies. If you have a 12 volt test light or voltmeter you can determine what the problem is. You can remove the electrical connector at the seat motor and see if you have power (with the key in the run position)at either of the wires. You Haynes Manual should have a wiring schematic in it to show the wires. If there is power to the plug, plug the connector back into the motor and check to see if the power makes it to the switches. If you don't have power to the plug, you will have to work your way back to the battery, to find the source of the problem.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test