1989 DODGE DAYTONA PLEASE DIAGNOSE

• Raven1300
  • 1989 Dodge Daytona

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1989 Dodge Daytona 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130, 00 miles

On several occasions when slowing down and applying the brakes the car shakes as if the tires lock or are going over ridges on a road. The steering wheel gets tight and it is difficult to steer and it feels as though the car is not going to be able to stop. Other times the car will drive fine, but the several times it has done this makes it almost impossible to control. I had it towed to the garage, however, my mechanic said he couldn't find anything wrong with it because when he drove it it was fine. Please help, thank you.

Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 AT 7:05 PM

• blackop555

Do you feel the pedal pulsating in your feet or just the steering wheel shaking and the car wobbling.

How bad is it. Is it a decent vibration or something that you think the cars going to fall apart when you brake? Does it ever do this when you hit a bump in the road?

Wednesday, April 28th, 2010 AT 12:09 PM
  • Raven1300

Thank you for your response. I can't honestly say that I remember or can answer accurately as to whether or not the pedal shakes. It seems to happen when I start to slow down or apply the brakes. It is a fairly violent shaking, the steering wheel gets very difficult to steer and it feels as though the brakes/wheels lock up somewhat, as if the car is going over a washboard.

Wednesday, April 28th, 2010 AT 3:20 PM