2006 Dodge Charger No trans fluid and car won't start

MILLTWIST
  • 2006 DODGE CHARGER
I am no expert by far, I have this oring leak problem that I have been reading about. However, now my car won't turn over. Would no trans fluid cause this? Or do I have a bigger problem?
Friday, December 11th, 2009 AT 7:24 PM

CH112063
It depends on many things, why don't you explain to me exactly what you've been told, and things like the color of the fluid leak and the way the car does not start. Of course the trans is a bad thing, but a no start could be something else. When you get in to start it, turn your dome(interior) light on, turn the key to start it, look at the interior light and tell me what you see. Does it dim, or not work at all? We'll see if your car is finished or not. Okay. Just ask, and answer a few questions and I'll help you to determine whether you yourself can fix it. Trans, yes can cause a car to not start, but talk to me about 'o' ring you heard about. I'll check in few hours. Later I see your new to the site, you are one lucky man.
Saturday, December 12th, 2009 AT 7:04 AM
MILLTWIST
So, when I get into the car and put key in ignition, everything will turn on: lights, radio, gauges. When I try to start, everything flashes and something under the hood makes a clicky-grindy sound. Kinda like it wants to fire but won't turn over. I have reason to believe that the tranny fluid could be empty based on the amount on the driveway. Recently I took it in for an oil change and they are the ones that said it looked like it was leaking from that filter, I don't know. Now that it won't start, I looked up any possible recalls and found that there was some sort of O-ring problem. Don't know any good details about that though. If I put more fluid into car, what are chances it will start. Or should I have checked and hope for warranty coverage.
Monday, December 14th, 2009 AT 9:47 AM
CH112063
This is red oil? And are you still under coverage mileage and month wise?
No, you don't want to touch it. If you've never had any 'O' ring replaced on the transmission filler tube, you should be covered, call a dealer, tow it, there are contaminations that can stop a good transmission from turning at all especially after leaking all its fluid or heating up. This is a covered problem, unless the 'O' ring was replaced already. And even if it was, this is a failure of your transmission. Call any Chrysler dealer as it ashould only cost your deductable. OK?
Any problems e-mail me or post a qwuestion. It could be something else but if you try to fix it maybe the warranty will be voided. It's up to the date sold, but many times an admitted problem is taken care of.
Monday, December 14th, 2009 AT 8:04 PM
MILLTWIST
Thanks Joe! Appreciate all of the help and incite-
I'll get it into a dealer immediately.
Tuesday, December 15th, 2009 AT 2:14 PM