FAULT CODE P7 ON

Dodge Caravan

unlucky_me?

November, 16, 2007 AT 10:21 PM

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan, 6cyl, auto trans with O/D. I changed my battery (dead) and shortly before this, tach and spedo maxed out while starting car. This stopped about 5 seconds later. About one week later the check engine light was lit. The fault code, using off/on ign key, showed " P0700". First couple of days all seemed ok other than light being on. Next few days the transmission stayed in second gear no matter which forward gear it's shifted into. Transmission sometimes shifts hard into R or any D, but only have second gear.
Dodge dealer states car out of warrenty 4 mo ago and bring it in for diagnostic check. Dealer stated cost of $150 for diagnostic and then more for parts and any servicing. (Another $300+)
Any Suggestions?

Jack42

November, 23, 2007 AT 8:24 AM

That code is- Transmission Control System/Read Trans DTC's on the DRBIII. You might need to take this one to a trans shop, doesnt need to be the dealer, just one with the proper scan equipment for you vehicle to get all the info from the PCM

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus